[PythonCE] Input problem

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 01:14:32 CEST 2011

Hello, Ivan.

Welcome to PythonCE. From your message, I think your script is probably
working fine. The problem is that blasted dialog, which is covering your
output. A very simple workaround is to add a few blank lines before printing
your x value, so that it appears below the dialog (I know this works on a
PDA, but maybe the screen size is different on a mobile phone?). Your code
might look like:

x = input("Enter value")
print 10*"\r\n"             # prints 10 blank lines
print x
raw_input("Enter for exit")

Alternatively, you might want to add a short pause before the exit:

import time
x = input("Enter value")
print x
time.sleep(2)             # wait 2 seconds
raw_input("Enter for exit")

HTH

Adam