[PythonCE] Accessing serial port with PythonCE 2.5

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 05:29:01 EST 2015

Hello,

Just to add to my previous message, the ceserial module uses ctypes to
access the same functionality which would be used by a WinCE application
written in VB or C#. I have just checked and Microsoft appear to still have
the reference pages available, so you may find that the following link can
guide you in checking the serial communications:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa450503.aspx

(I am assuming WinCE version 5.0, but I think WinCE 6.0 and later versions
will also be available)

For checking your device is communicating as expected, you could try to use
a third party terminal program that can also access the serial port. I
recall using vxHpc and also PocketPuTTY. These can be installed directly
onto the WinCE device and allow you to test the serial port. Then you can
try connecting the WinCE device directly to a computer to check
communication settings are correct, then connect your serial device
directly to a computer (just the regular troubleshooting steps really).

Good luck

AdamW