[Python.NET] Who is using Python for .NET?

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Wed Dec 17 15:11:09 EST 2003

> Is Managed DirectX an option?

Sure - you should be able to use any managed assembly.

> Have you looked into other Python/.NET implementations? (ie,
> IronPython, not yet released, is showing promise -- search google)

IronPython looks really interesting - I just haven't been able to
find much info on it, and apparently Jim is going to be busy for
a while.

> Another route is via COM:   write COM classes in .NET, and
> instantiate in Python.  I haven't tried it, but I believe it's possible.

Should be. I did a silly demo of driving MSAgent using Python for
.NET (after running aximp on it). I've never tried using a managed
component from a plain Python via pythoncom, but it should work.

In fact, I think Mark Hammond did something very like that to
implement parts of the python compiler when he was working on the
activestate project.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com