[Python.NET] Subclassing a subclassed Form

Gordon McKeown gordonm at uk.facilita.com
Tue Nov 4 13:56:11 EST 2003

Hi

If I create a new (Form) class using Visual Studio and then subclass it in
Python then I get "TypeError: no method matches given arguments" when
executing
'WinForms.Application.Run(self)'.

The new Form instance is created OK and the following returns true:
'isinstance(form, System.Windows.Forms.Form)'

The only differences from the working examples appear to be:

1. The parameter is an object subclassed from a class that is in turn
subclassed from System.Windows.Forms.Form. (The intermediate class is
written in C#).
2. The class I created is not in the GAC. It is loaded using
'Assembly.LoadFile("D:\\forecastdev\\net\\TestGraphs\\bin\\Debug\\TestGraphs
.exe")'

Has anybody any suggestions?

Regards
Gordon