[Python.NET] pythondotnet beta 2 initialization error.

J Stauft stauft at telus.net
Mon Nov 17 14:15:01 EST 2003

Hello:

I am not sure if this is a bug, or just me attempting to run code on a
platform it was not designed for but ...

Here is the traceback I get when I attempt to display the 'helloform.py' using
the python version shipped with the .tar.gz
C:\Desktop\PythonNet-1.0-beta2>python.exe .\demo\helloform.py

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32
errorCode
, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.FreeHGlobal(IntPtr hglobal)
   at Python.Runtime.StaticMethodWrapper..ctor(Type obType, String name)
   at Python.Runtime.ImportHook.Initialize()
   at Python.Runtime.Runtime.Initialize()
   at Python.Runtime.PythonEngine.Initialize()
   at PythonConsole.Main(String[] args)

C:\Desktop\PythonNet-1.0-beta2>

I get the same traceback with PythonNet-1.0-beta1 , however, both
PythonNet-preview1 and PythonNet-preview2 continue to work fine ( at least
for the limited testing performed).

I am running Windows 98 (fully updated from Microsoft) using Win4Lin on top of
i386 linux , kernel 2.2.18.  I have only one version of python on the
'virtual' machine (2.3.2) --  installed using the standard python.org.
installer.

The .NET Framework version is 1.1.4322

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sincerely,