[Python.NET] Problem installing

david Powell david.powell at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 28 11:02:49 EST 2003

First, thanks for a very exciting development.

I downloaded the files.  I can run the demo in your version of python but
not in my existing version of python 2.3.

I followed the instructions:-

    "Yes, at least on win32 systems. Just copy the files Python.Runtime.dll

    and CLR.dll from the PythonNet directory to the root directory of your

    python installation."

I get the error

D:\Python23>python d:\pythonnet\pythonnet-1.0-beta1\demo\helloform.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "d:\pythonnet\pythonnet-1.0-beta1\demo\helloform.py", line 12, in ?

    import CLR.System.Windows.Forms as WinForms

ImportError: No module named System.Windows.Forms

Any help very much appreciated.