[Python.NET] Do assemblies need to be placed into the GAC

Felix McAllister felix_mcallister at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 07:36:56 EST 2003

Hi,

I'd like to use PythonNet to script some .NET assemblies we have. Must I
place these into the GAC? I've tried to put the python script into the same
directory as the assembly DLL but this doesn't work:

C:\dev\python\PythonNetTest\bin\Debug>python
Python 2.3.2 (#49, Oct  2 2003, 20:02:00) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>>import CLR
>>>import CLR.PythonNetTest
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named PythonNetTest
>>>import CLR.PythonNetTest.MyTest
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named PythonNetTest

TIA,

Felix.