[Python.NET] AxHost & IDispatch

Andre Van Der Merwe dart at pobox.com
Sun Apr 25 16:24:03 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've got a python script that I want to create a C# GUI for. I'd like to
have a web browser control on the form that I can control from python. This
is not too difficult - just drop a WebBrowser control on the form and create
a public property to expose the control.

The problem is that .net is wrapping the control (AxHost etc) and not all
the methods are exposed (e.g. Document.all.tags does not work...)

Can I get the control's IDispatch and use late-binding? If so how????

If I cant can I create the activex control from python and 'place' it on a
specific form (given a HWND)? Any examples of manually creating and placing
a activeX control?

Thanks for any advice.