[Python.NET] importing Assembly

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Tue Feb 24 22:00:53 EST 2004

> I see that this has been asked before, but I must be missing something

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: No module named Company
>
> The dll I have is called:  "Company.Product.Module.dll", and is
> copied into
> the python root dir
>
> The source code for the module defines namespace as "namespace
> Company.Product.Module"
>
> Also I try the following:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: No module named Company
>
> please excuse any obvious ignorance of .NET terminology, it's
> something I've
> just started looking at.

Sorry I'm late on this - my spam filter starting eating some
of my mailing list email a week or so ago and I'm still catching
up :(

I'm curious whether you can use reflection to loop over the types
defined in your assembly after using LoadWithPartialName to load
it. What you are doing looks like it _should_ work fine.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com