[Python.NET] Using an existing Python installation

Andreas Kaiser akaiser at vocote.de
Wed Feb 25 17:29:31 EST 2004

Hi Brian,

Brian Lloyd wrote:
>> So this fails:
>>
>> from CLR.System.Reflection import Assembly
>> Assembly.LoadWithPartialName('SomeNamespace')
 >> import CLR.SomeNamespace as SomeNamespace
>>
>> But this works:
>>
>> import CLR
 >> from CLR.System.Reflection import Assembly
>> Assembly.LoadWithPartialName('SomeNamespace')
 >> import CLR.SomeNamespace as SomeNamespace
>
> Hi Mike - yes, I've already got this one in the bug hopper for b2. It
> has to do with the trickery I'm using to install the import hook not
> being quite tricky enough when it happens in an already-running
> interpreter.
I felt into this trap too. The bug is also in beta3. With the line
import CLR on top everything is working well.
Another point is that it was neccessary to copy the CLR.dll to
PythonRoot\DLLs and not only to PythonRoot (as written in the README).

WinXP HOME SP1, Python 2.3.3, PythonNet 1.0 beta 3

HTH
Andreas