[Python.NET] Re: [matplotlib-devel] .NET backend working

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Sep 25 00:06:26 CEST 2004

>>>>> "thane" ==   <thane at magna-capital.com> writes:

    thane> I've got an alpha version of a .NET backend up and running
    thane> for matplotlib (http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/ ).  It
    thane> was just intended to be "proof-of-concept" code, but it
    thane> works.

I'm certainly interested.  I don't know a lot about .Net.  Is your
backend an image backend or GUI one?  If the latter, are you using agg
for rendering ala tkagg, gtkagg, etc, or native .Net drawing?
Inquiring minds want to know.

    thane> This back end is targeted for anyone using PythonNet (see
    thane> http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet/index_html ).
    thane> It should also be compatible with IronPython (see
    thane> http://ironpython.com/) once the standard libraries and
    thane> Numarray (or Numeric) are available for the IronPython
    thane> release.

    thane> If there is any interest, please respond to this post and
    thane> I'll go through the trouble of adding it to the project (at
    thane> this point I don't know how to do this, so any guidance
    thane> here would be appreciated).

The standard procedure for submitting a backend is to send it to the
dev list, where I and other matplotlib developers can take it for a
test drive and submit feedback.

I'd be happy to give it a try.  If you have any extra instructions for
.Net dummies, please send them along with the code.

Cheers!
JDH

    thane> --Thane

    thane> Thane Plummer, Ph.D.