[Python.NET] catching exceptions thrown from .Net

Mathew Yeates mathew at yeates.tv
Tue Jul 5 17:32:31 CEST 2005

yes, RC2. My bad.
Are we talking about the same thing? I noticed in the docs that you have
an example of throwing exceptions from within the python code. But no
examples of handling exceptions thrown within the .Net code.

Anyway ... theres not much to this code

.Net code
public class MineralDBException:Exception
    {
        public MineralDBException(String msg):base(msg){

        }
    }
public MineralDBase(String fname)
        {

            try
            {
                fs = new FileStream(fname, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
            }
            catch(Exception e)
            {
                throw new MineralDBException(e.Message);
            }
python code, no exception is seen when calling MineralDBase this way but
an exception IS seen when calling from another .Net assembly

db=MineralDBase("fooey")

Mathew