[Python.NET] (no subject)

Stan Pinte stan at phidani.be
Wed Mar 23 08:57:00 CET 2005

hello,

I am running Simpy (python simulation framework) within pythondotnet,
and, even though this process is single-thread, it hangs misteriously,
in an unpredictable way...

Python console cease to respond to Ctrl-C events...

Here is the current Thread status:

Thread Start Address:
Symbol Name:			Line Number:		PC:
mscoree!_CorExeMain() + 0x0	---			7917D08C

Thread Stack:

ntdll ! KiFastSystemCallRet() + 0x
KERNEL32 ! WaitForSingleObject() + 0x12
python24 ! PySys_WriteStderr() + 0x14d
python24 ! PyTuple_Type() + 0x0

as the entry point in the hanging thread (higher on stack) is
PyTuple_Type() and as PyTuple is defined in C# (src/runtime/PyTuple.cs),
I suspect this might be the cause of my problem.

[PythonNet-1.0-beta4]> grep -nr "PyTuple_Type" .
Binary file ./DLLs/_socket.pyd matches
Binary file ./python24.dll matches
[PythonNet-1.0-beta4]>

However, I would like to be able to go higher in the stack, to see what
caused this deadlock.

Any proposed strategy to guess what happened, or to track down the problem?

thanks a lot,

Stan.