[Python.NET] [PythonNet] 7/ 4 Resolve "crash caused by interaction between pythondotnet and CLR."

Collector: Python for .NET Issue ... pythondotnet at python.org
Sun May 8 00:43:58 CEST 2005

Issue #7 Update (Resolve) "crash caused by interaction between pythondotnet and CLR."
 Status Resolved, Threading/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet/Collector/7

= Resolve - Entry #4 by Brian on May 7, 2005 6:43 pm

Fixed for rc1.

-BL

= Comment - Entry #3 by Anonymous User on Mar 31, 2005 2:43 am

hello, I have skimmed the test case, and removed all dependancies toward
the Simpy framework.

Now it crashes once the python main loop is finished. If I comment out
the code used to pass a python function as a delegate to the C# frame,
it doesn't.

here is the code:

#test to show problem.

import sys,time
sys.path.append('.')
from CLR.System.Reflection import Assembly
a = Assembly.LoadWithPartialName("testpython")
from CLR.testpython import MainForm, TestDelegate

def test():
  return "hop"

if __name__ == '__main__':
  form = MainForm.GetInstance()
  form.TestDelegateProperty = TestDelegate(test)
  form.Start()
  time.sleep(1)
  print "done"

Stan.

the CLR sources are the same.

Contact me if any more info is needed.
= Comment - Entry #2 by Anonymous User on Mar 30, 2005 11:18 am

the python script to run is bin\Debug\test.py
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Mar 30, 2005 11:18 am

Uploaded:  "testpython.zip"
 - http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet/Collector/7/testpython.zip/view
hello,

the following application (python/C#) is working properly, when I do not
run simpy, a python framework. Once I enable, I get an immediate crash.

See enclosed for runnable/compilable example. (run "python test.py"). To
run, it needs the Simpy framework, GPL, that you can get there:
http://simpy.sourceforge.net/

Simpy makes heavy uses of the "yield" construct.

as soon as I uncomment that line in the script:

#simulate()

I get an immediate crash. I see no reason for this crash.

Stan.