[Python.NET] .NET2.0 and loading assemblies

Guy Robinson guy at r-e-d.co.nz
Fri Mar 3 21:21:18 CET 2006

Hello,

I've been forced (due to the host application) to move my code to NET2.0. I also
need to use the host python installation like Tom. And like Tom I'm not a
professional programmer but I'm wondering if we should standardise on the
Ironpython syntax for loading assemblies. That is:

import clr
clr.AddReferenceByPartialName("System.Windows.Forms")
clr.AddReferenceByPartialName("System.Drawing")
clr.AddReferenceByPartialName("IronPython")

from System.Drawing import Size
from System.Windows.Forms import Form, Application
etc

What do you think?

Regards,

Guy

ps: I too see python for .NET as the way forward. I hope Brian still feels the same.