[Python.NET] Delegates and Dictionaries

Mark Anderson mark at walkereconomics.com
Tue Mar 21 19:03:26 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm using .NET to implement a UI for some python code, and am updating
various UI components using a .NET function.
The .NET based UI calls the python based back end with an argument set
which includes a delegate to the .NET UI update function.
The python code then periodically invokes the delegate (passing it "a
bunch of updated information") which is then used to update the UI.

The problem is this:
when "a bunch of updated information" is an integer, or a tuple,
everything functions correctly.
when "a bunch of updated information" is a python Dictionary, I receive
the dreaded

"TypeError: no method matches given arguments"
message.

I've tried explicitly typing the delegate argument as a PyDict, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark Anderson