[Python.NET] Structure as argument

alex omoto lance23runner at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 22:40:19 CET 2007

Hi again,

I am basically trying to integrate some python code with already built VB code.  I'd prefer not to have to change VB code, but here are the things i noticed...

(1)  All VB optional arguments must be defined when calling them in Python.Net.

(2)  I have created a function with a structure as the argument.

Public Structure SomeStruct
    Public dVal As Double
End Structure

Public Class Class1
    Public Function test(ByRef arg As SomeStruct) As Boolean
        return True
    End Function
End Class

Using Python.Net, I can create the class, then the struct and call the function with the struct as the argument.  I get the following error:

System.ArgumentException: Object of type 'System.RuntimeType' cannot be converted to type 'SomeStruct&'

Thanks,
Alex