[Python.NET] python 2.5

Paul Harter paul at lumidium.com
Mon Oct 8 13:00:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

We are tring to move to python 2.5. and are having trouble getting
pythonDotNet to import using the pre-built binaries. When we use the
python.exe which is part of the pre-built binaries "import clr" can
execute without a problem. However trying to use an existing
python.exe (e.g. the standard installed one, but we also need to use
it embedded) we always get the following error:

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initclr)

What magic does the included python.exe perform, or what are we doing
wrong in our installation.

We have tried:

 * copying Python.runtime.dll and clr.pyd to the python install path
(where python.exe lives), or both to the DLLs directory, or clr.pyd to
the site-packages directory and Python.runtime.dll to one of the above
locations.
 * We've also tried having them in a separate directory, and running
python.exe from that directory.

(The readme is not very explanatory on how to modify an existing
python installation).

thanks for your help

Paul & Tim