[Python.NET] DllMap on Mono

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Oct 17 14:15:01 CEST 2007

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/readme.html says:
> Note that if you are running under Mono on a *nix system, you will
> need to have a compatible version of Python installed. You will also
> need to create a symbolic link to the copy of libpython2.x.so (in your
> existing Python installation) in the PythonNet directory. This is
> needed to ensure that the mono interop dll loader will find it by
> name. For example:
> ln -s /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so ./python24.so
>
> Which works fine, But the "official" way to do this is to use a Mono
> feature called DllMap, which is documented here:
> http://www.mono-project.com/Config_DllMap
>
> In practice, this means you create a file named
> python.runtime.dll.config, with content:
> <configuration>
>   <dllmap dll="python24" target="libpython2.4.so.1" os="!windows"/>
> </configuration>

The documentation at http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/readme.html is
outdated. The latest version of the readme and the latest source tree
contain a sample of a config file.

I didn't know about the possibility to define a
Python.Runtime.dll.config file. I though one has to edit either the
global config file or ~/.mono/config. I'm going to test it later and add
it to the sources if it works.

Christian