[Python.NET] Cannot initialize OLE

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 22:13:46 CET 2008

I believe Brian's assessment is correct. The easiest way to handle this is to use pywin32's pythoncom module to set the threading model. You can find a sample of how to do that here:

http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/Using_the_WebBrowser_Widget

In the sample, the WebBrowser widget (which uses ActiveX underneath) is embedded in a form. By invoking pythoncom.CoInitialize(), we set the threading model to STA which prevents the program from crashing when it initializes the form.