[Python.NET] How to use a Python function that returns a double array in VB vie C++

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Wed Dec 3 08:51:21 CET 2008

Hi all,

I want to use a Python function that returns a double array in VB dot net
via embedding Python in C++ dot net. Using the CLR it is easy to access C++
from VB. Then also I don't have a problem if the Python function returns a
single variable of type double, using the following lines in my C++ code:
            myPythonObjectPointer = PyObject_CallObject(pFunc, pArgs);

            myCppDoubleVariable = PyFloat_AsDouble(myPyObjectPointer);

(I have obviously done all the required thingies as per the Python
documentation)

I can further achieve what I want by changing the Python function to a
number of functions, each returning a single double variable and call them
one by one, using code like above, and then passing them into an array in
C++, but I would prefer a more elegant way of doing it, because my return
variable could have hundreds, if not thousands, of values.

Can somebody help me please.

Thanks

Pieter Steenekamp.