[Python.NET] converting Pyobject to user defined type data structures

Kaveripakam, Sathish Sathish.Kaveripakam at phonak.com
Tue Feb 26 12:14:42 CET 2008

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case, "Spam" is a user defined "class" (It is not of standard
type: int,string, float etc.,) .My intention is to cast a PyObject to
the "Spam", which is a "Class" type..

When I try to execute the statement

Spam s = (Spam)ob.AsManagedObject(typeof(Spam));

the compilation went on smoothly, but during runtime, it has thrown an
error "cannot convert object to target type".

I was wondering, do I have any functions which provides the casting.

Regards