[Python.NET] Patches and new release

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Feb 27 12:17:04 CET 2008

John Burnett wrote:
> -It’s been a while since there’s been a “release” of python.net.  The latest pre-compiled package is “pythonnet-2.0-alpha2-clr2.0.zip” from September of last year, and that doesn’t include a chunk of changes (even ignoring the changes above).  Does anyone know what’s involved in bundling up a release and posting it?  (Brian suggested that I ask here :).

I can be of assistance since I've done the last releases. But I'm busy
in the next couple of days with job interviews and the next Python 2.6
and 3.0 alpha releases. I'll see how I can squeeze Python.NET into my
schedule.

> -When I applied the patches above, I forgot to add attribution to jfrayne in the submit log.  I’d like to go back to add it (ie. prepend “Patch 1874988 from Joe Frayne” to the log), but I can’t seem to do it.  Using TortoiseSVN, if I right-click on the appropriate log entry and use “edit log message”, I get the following error when I try to apply the change:

SF.net's svn server may not support the feature. You can always revert
the transaction (do a svn back merge) and submit the patch with the log
message again. It's probably easier to start new files á la Python's
Misc/ACKS and Misc/developers.

Christian