[Python.NET] importing the dll using Python on net 2.0

Kaveripakam, Sathish Sathish.Kaveripakam at phonak.com
Tue Jan 22 16:53:32 CET 2008

Hi All,

I was using  a setup wherein I have python scripts importing the C# dll
(on Python on net 1.0 and Dll is compiled on .nET 1.0)
Now, my new input dll is compiled for .NET 2.0. To ensure my python
scripts import the C# dll , I started to use the Python ON net 2.0 Alpha
2 version.But I am having problems in importing the dll .

Here is my snapshot of the code which used to work using python on
net1.0:

import CLR.System.Reflection import Assembly

def load():
         name= "x1.dll"
         Assembly.LoadFrom(name)
         import CLR.x.y.z as z
         return;

When the above sample code is compiled on python on net 2.0, I got a
warning "DeprecationWarning: Importing from the CLR.* namespace is
deprecated" and it gives DLL Exception, when I try to use the elements
of the dll.

Hence I was wondering does the Version 2.0 of python on net has any
special way of porting the dll's compiled on .NET 2.0. Could any one
please let me know, how to handle the CLR issues on Python On net 2.0 ?

PS:- I could able to add the reference for the above dll in a stand
alone C# project and I havent found any problems.

Regards,

********************
Legal Notice:
The information in this electronic transmission may contain confidential or
legally privileged information and is intended solely for the individual(s)
named above. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent,
you are hereby notified that reading, distributing, or otherwise
disseminating, copying or taking any action based on the contents of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this
transmission is illegal under law. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender by telephone [at the number indicated above/
on +41 58 928 0101] as soon as possible and then destroy all copies of this
transmission.