[Python.NET] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find assembly 'MbtCom.dll'.

kfadnis kfadnis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:59:20 CEST 2009

I am not sure if its managed or unmanaged, its a third party dll that came
with its software, the interface is COM (ActiveX). I have added and worked
with it through C#, I load them using Add Reference in C# .NET and then find
them on the COM tab. Also, when added as reference in the .NET environment
they load as Interop.MBTCOMLib i.e with a different name and their copy
is local and is in the project directory rather than the directory where
they are located.

I tried the GAC utility and its said Failure adding assembly to cache: The
module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. The funny thing is
clr.FindAssembly() finds it, but clr.AddReference says unable to find
assembly.