[Python.NET] Fwd: Need help in resolving issues regarding Pythonnet

chethan che che.chethan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 05:18:15 CEST 2009

Hi Brian,

I want to use the existing code base in dot net dll and hence want to know
how to call dot net from python.
I found this pythonnet very interesting.
I am currently facing the following issues:

1. I was not bale to find the pythonnet exe for windows python25. So
downloaded the latest source code from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=162464. and built the
soultion as explained at
http://feihonghsu.blogspot.com/2008/02/installing-pythonnet-20-alpha-2-on.html

If you have a suitable installer then please send me the link of the same.

2. I have built the solution and used the clr.pyd and python.runtime.dll in
my custom python library where my first line is import clr.

( import clr works fine in python shell.)
But when i import my custom library ( which inturn imports clr) throws below
mentioned error:
SystemError:
dynamic module not initialized properly

File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\csp\__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
    import clr
Can you let me know whyi am facing this issue and can you give me the fix at
the earliest.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
.cSp