[Python.NET] python for net with python 2.6

Alexey Borzenkov snaury at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:05:59 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM,  <Ravinder.Kareer at sungard.com> wrote:
> We have been trying to use python for net compiled against python26 with a
> target framework of 2.0 and are getting a hard crash.
>
> .NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.4927 - Fatal Execution Engine Error
> (719D851A) (80131506)

Can you please try with this patch:
http://git.kitsu.ru/patched/pythonnet.git?a=commitdiff;h=a667bc8b29744a4baafaccc3806d19830a7bdeeb

> We are able to “import clr”, “import System”, but when you do something as
> basic as “s = System.String(‘a’)” you get a hard crash.
>
> These commands were run from the pythonw.exe from the python26 directory.

I compiled clr with the above patch a very long time ago and I just
checked in python.exe (not pythonw.exe since it doesn't show
console... not sure what you meant) and these don't cause any crashes
for me (Python 2.6.4). Make sure that you replace all PYTHON25 defines
with PYTHON26 and there's a typo in one of source files that expects
Python26 defined instead of PYTHON26. That's what the above patch
fixes.