[Python.NET] python 3.0

Brian Lloyd blloyd at waterfrontmedia.com
Tue May 12 16:26:00 CEST 2009

Hi Guillaume ­ the runtime is very sensitive to internal structural changes
in
the CPython runtime, so I¹m sure there would be some work involved. Some
things I can think of off the top of my head:

  - unicode changes / bytes type (this could be a giant pain)

  - int / long unification

  - need to support views and iterators

  - exception hierarchy changes

  - extension api changes

It¹s probably enough work that it will take someone committed and invested
to make it happen...

-Brian

On 5/12/09 9:45 AM, "Guillaume Buisson" <guillaume.buisson at ubisoft.com>
wrote:

> Hi everybody !
> We are looking forward for using python for .Net in our project.  I am very
> impressed by the library that is working today on .Net 3.5 (WPF and co) and
> python 2.6 virtually without any commit for the last couple of years! J
> Still, what do you think about python 3.0? Have you ever tried to be
> compatible with it? Is there any big issue you have already imagine?
>
> Thanks
> Guillaume

Brian Lloyd   540.845.2975

blloyd at waterfrontmedia.com