[Python.NET] getting started - can't import a simple dll

Laszlo Sebo laszlo.sebo at primefocusworld.com
Wed Dec 15 05:25:14 CET 2010

Yeah you don't actually need the .config file, it's just a dll mapping file for use with mono on linux (i've been in linux land for a while, so it must have popped from my subconcious).

I believe currently clr 2.x is supported, which means that up to .net 3.5 it should work fine, as those releases still use the 2.0 runtime (someone correct me if i'm wrong). LINQ was added with 3.5, so it should work.

cheers,
laszlo

  I recompiled using .NET 2.0 and now I can load the DLL.  Is there any support for frameworks after 2.0?  I'd hate to lose the ability to use LINQ.

  Also, you mentioned Python.Runtime.dll.config.  I don't have this file.  What's in it?