[Python.NET] how can I build an assembly I can AddReference()?

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Fri May 28 22:36:21 CEST 2010

Brandon Craig Rhodes <brandon at rhodesmill.org> writes:

> System.BadImageFormatException: This assembly is built by a runtime newer than t
> he currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x801
> 3101B)
>    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
>    at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)

This afternoon I uninstalled Visual Studio 2010 from my laptop and
re-installed Visual Studio 2008, then rebuilt "Brandon.dll", in the
hopes that 2010 was simply too recent a version of Studio to be using
with the c:\python26 from the python.org page.  Sadly, I was wrong; I
still get the above error when trying to import the DLL.