[Python.NET] Efficient conversion from Single Array to ndarray

James tomo.bbe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:48:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have recently started using Python for .Net to access a proprietory I/O
library that has no Python bindings. This library gives access to scientific
datasets similar to NetCDF, but in an unpublished format. I need to do some
heavy post-processing on these datasets and I have little experience in
programming .Net therefore my plan is to use Python, Numpy, pytables, etc. I
have a working prototype of my code already, but the only way I have managed
to convert from Single[] Arrays to ndarray is to loop through the whole data
in Python - this is quite slow. So is there a more efficient to convert from
one to the other?

Regards,
James