[Python.NET] Invoking IPython programmatically

Frank Smith frankiansmith at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:06:42 CET 2011

The requirement I have is the ability to work with the .net side of my application interactively with Python. I really like the various autocomplete features of ipython, which is why I decided to go that way.

I finally figured out how to invoke ipython programmatically, using one of the Python environment variables, PYTHONSTARTUP, I believe. I'm on vacation at the moment so I don't have all of the details handy, but when I get back I will post them.

Barton, can you please elaborate on why you think I should stay far away from ipython? If there are significant issues, I would be very interested in learning about them.

Thanks,
Frank.

Sent from my iPad