[Python.NET] PythonNET 2.0 Alpha2 and .NET 4.0

Oleksii Bidiuk oleksii.bidiuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:27:12 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use Python for .NET under VS2010 and .NET 4.0. I've
downloaded the pythonnet-2.0-alpha2.zip and changed the project settings to
use .NET 4.0 under VS2010 and recompiled everything. The resulting
python.exe can be run, and statements like "import clr" and "from System
import String" work (as the Python standard library calls as well) until I
try to instantiate a class as e.g.

s = String('A')

At this moment the Python for .NET seem to crash in nativecall.cs at
NativeCall.Call_3() at (the only) line

return Impl.Call_3(fp, a1, a2, a3);

with dreaded "Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was
thrown.". Trying to instantiate Int32() object results in "Attempted to read
or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is
corrupt."

Suggestions are more than welcome! Thanks in advance!
--
oleksii