[Python.NET] Fwd: PythonNET 2.0 Alpha2 and .NET 4.0

Tribble, Brett btribble at ea.com
Sat Jan 8 01:26:22 CET 2011

Merge away!

From: pythondotnet-bounces+btribble=ea.com at python.org [mailto:pythondotnet-bounces+btribble=ea.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Barton
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 1:02 AM
To: Oleksii Bidiuk
Cc: pythondotnet at python.org
Subject: Re: [Python.NET] Fwd: PythonNET 2.0 Alpha2 and .NET 4.0

I've got this working on my private (for the moment) branch.  I could do this merge by this weekend if folks will find it useful.
-Barton

On 1/6/2011 6:59 AM, Oleksii Bidiuk wrote:
Hi Alla,

thanks for your prompt repsonse. In Python terms String('A') means constructor with a string parameter AFAIK. When I use the python.exe build against CLR 2.0 (from pythonnet-2.0-alpha2-clr2.0_115_py26.zip) it works, but then it talks against .NET 2.0 while I want to talk to the same 4.0 version as my .NET application.
With the example below using the .NET 2.0 version I get

>>> s = String.__overloads__[Char, Int32]('A', 10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: type object 'String' has no attribute '__overloads__'

Basically it seems that the version of python for .net compiled against .NET 4.0 runtime does not work out of box for me. I wonder if somebody had more luck with this.