[Python.NET] PythonDotNet - IronPyton

Emmanuel Lambert emmanuel.lambert at intec.ugent.be
Mon Jan 10 13:18:44 CET 2011

Hi Oleksii Bidiuk,

While access to the native Python libraries is apprently a nice feature
of "Python for .NET", I don't think it is very useful in real-world .NET
centric projects (in a corporate environment for example).
An implementation like IronPython restricts itself to the use of
native .NET features and thus cannot cause dangerous side-effects that
inflict memory leak for example. With "Python for .NET", that is not the
case.
Therefore, in my opinion, IronPython looks like an implementation that
is potentially useful for real-world projects, while "Python for .NET"
looks more experimental in its nature...

Emmanuel