[Python.NET] Fwd: PythonNET 2.0 Alpha2 and .NET 4.0

Oleksii Bidiuk oleksii.bidiuk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:15:34 CET 2011

Hi Barton,

thanks for the update! I've got the latest version, but the changes to the
classmanager.cs do not seem to compile

// Implement Overloads on the class object
ConstructorBinding ctors = new ConstructorBinding(type, tp, co.binder);
// ExtensionType types are untracked, so don't Incref() them.
// XXX deprecate __overloads__ soon...
Runtime.PyDict_SetItemString(dict, "__overloads__", ctors.pyHandle);
Runtime.PyDict_SetItemString(dict, "Overloads", ctors.pyHandle);

as the new class is called 'ConstructorBinder' (instead of
ConstructorBinding) and it does not have a matching constructor. I am trying
to figure out the details, but I assume you will have to push new version
anyway.

Further I assume this only fixes the proper constructor overloading. I am
still interested in the .NET 4.0 and VS2010 support. Can you shed some light
on that? What changes do you expect for proper .NET 4.0 support? I see the
clrmodule.il and the buildclrmodule.bat refering to 2.0 runtime. Is it
enough to change these two?

--
oleksii