[Python.NET] Operator overloading for managed objects

Oleksii Bidiuk oleksii.bidiuk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:25:45 CET 2011

Hi,

did anybody have experience with using overloaded operators for managed
objects? I have a class that have e.g. the operator+ overloaded in C#, but
that does not seem to be picked up from the Python side. I have tried to add
overloading using the setattr(MyType, "name", method_name), but it only seem
to work for the native Python objects and not for the managed objects. In
both cases I get "TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'MyType' and
'MyType'".

Thanks in advance!

--
oleksii