[Python.NET] Problems in Installation

Barton barton at BCDesignsWell.com
Sun Jan 30 23:44:11 CET 2011

Although I'm on Windows, I may be able to point out a couple of things:

   1. Since the runtime doesn't do any error checking when trying to
      load the python dynamic (shared) library, this error isn't too weird.
   2. Since the runtime is looking for python26, this is certainly not
      "pythonnet-1.0-rc2-py2.4-clr1.1" as the link you provided states.
   3. Since the runtime is looking for python26, unless you built from
      source, this is most likely a Windows build off the pythondotnet
      project download area on SourcForge.
   4. Since I'm on Windows, I haven't yet tried to build and test under
      Mono. This may be something that I could try in the
      unknown-distant-future.
   5. Since I'm the only person currently uploading pre-built
      assemblies, Linux users must build from source.

AFAIK, the current SVN will build under Mono.
Hope that helps,
Barton