[Python.NET] Python for .NET with PythonXY ?

Daniel Mader danielstefanmader at googlemail.com
Tue May 17 17:15:46 CEST 2011

Dear list,

with a couple of colleagues, I am using PythonXY as the main Python
distribution when using Windows. It is based on Python 2.6 (2.7 is now
in the focus so that the next release will be made for this).

>From what we see it should be possible to make this installation ".NET
aware" without duplicating anything. However, we can't really find the
required steps to do so.

Could you please point out what we'd need to download in order to
proceed? Is there a "clean" installer so that PythonXY can be updated
later? Or does a manual install interfere with this?

Thank you many times in advance for a quick-installation guide,
best regards,

Daniel