[Python.NET] Including Python standard libraries

Meredith, Christopher Christopher.Meredith at nuance.com
Thu Dec 27 04:09:23 CET 2012

Greetings.

I've a test harness that I've written in .NET and, in order to get past a "language barrier" between myself and my fellow testers, have integrated Python into the test framework using Python for .NET.
My question is this: How much of the Python standard libraries (c:\python25\lib, etc.) do I need to package with my test infrastructure?  If I've not installed Python 2.5, I get a warning that site.py couldn't be found.  If Python 2.5 is installed, tests written in Python and executed from .NET work fine.  As we have some components that require Python 2.5 and I'd like to update my test framework to take advantage of at least Python 2.7, is there a way I can prevent users of my test framework from having to install whatever version of Python I settle on AS WELL AS whatever version of Python other components require?
... Am I making sense?

-Chris-