[Python.NET] pythonnet and numpy

John Burkhart jfburkhart.reg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:55:23 CET 2012

Hello,

As mentioned in the other thread, I have built pythonnet with VS2012 for a
64-bit Python installation and using .NET 4 assemblies. Things seem to work
well.

However, I just tried to `import numpy` and all hell broke loose... the
reason I pursued pythonnet was because I thought it would allow me to use
the pure CPython modules without needing to rely on any of the modified
versions built for IronPython. Below is the PowerShell output from starting
EPD and importing numpy and starting pythonnet python.exe and importing
numpy.

PS G:\svn\Python\pythonnet\trunk\pythonnet\src\console\bin\Debug> python
#should load EPD python
Enthought Python Distribution -- www.enthought.com
Version: 7.3-2 (64-bit)

Python 2.7.3 |EPD 7.3-2 (64-bit)| (default, Apr 12 2012, 15:20:16) [MSC
v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "credits", "demo" or "enthought" for more information.
>>> import numpy; print numpy.__version__
1.6.1
>>> exit()
PS G:\svn\Python\pythonnet\trunk\pythonnet\src\console\bin\Debug>
.\python.exe
Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:24:47) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)]
on win32
>>> import numpy
[Bang!] - A window opens with
TITLE: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Message: Runtime Error!

Program: G:\svn\Python...

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly
Please contact the application's support team for more information
"""

This is not a lot of information, but maybe someone has some ideas on how
to troubleshoot?

Thank you,
john