[Python.NET] Fwd: debugging

Jason Sachs jmsachs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 23:52:15 CEST 2013

>To make PythonNet install formally inside an existing CPython, you are
looking to build/acquire it as a module and install that module in your
PYTHONPATH or in your site-packages for that CPython.
>There are a number of ways to do this. depending on what you are
downloading or building and where you are deploying.

So I can't just take the pythonnet binaries and put them on PYTHONPATH or
in site-packages? I have to build it from source as a module? Either
PYTHONPATH or site-packages will work for me; at this point I just want to
make it work somehow. I tried with PyDev and can't seem to get it to
recognize that System is a valid import.

This is for an in-house tool that I need to make as easy as possible to
install and use, I just need to write up the install procedure. It uses a
data acquisition system which has .NET libraries but nothing for "pure"
Python.