[Python.NET] Calling Python functions/objects forom C# code

Avi Mitrani avi.m at racana.com
Mon Jun 24 15:19:18 CEST 2013

Dear mailing list members,

I'm new to PythonDotNet, and to integrating Python & C#, and I have to say
that I'm 'breaking my teeth'

with it; can't find the right examples on the web.

The context: I want  to use the rich machine learning resources found in
python (like scikit-learn) inside a big project written in c#.

The problem: can't get started! - haven't even managed to call a function
yet.

Is there an example or tutorial you can direct me to?

Let's say that I want to call the function fib2 from the first example
module in python.org,

called (fibo.py):

# Fibonacci numbers module

def fib(n):    # write Fibonacci series up to n

    a, b = 0, 1

    while b < n:

        print b,

        a, b = b, a+b

def fib2(n): # return Fibonacci series up to n

    result = []

    a, b = 0, 1

    while b < n:

        result.append(b)

        a, b = b, a+b

    return result

These lines compile J :

  PythonEngine.Initialize();

  PyObject fibmodule = PythonEngine.ImportModule("fibo");

  PyObject fibfunc = fibmodule.GetAttr("fib2");

Where do I go from here? How do I send input and get the output into c#
array/list?

I guess I would need to use PyInt & PyList. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

                  Avi