[Python.NET] Passing in null as the value for a nullable type.

John Gill jgill at tokiomillennium.com
Wed Feb 5 21:13:30 CET 2014

That's what I thought too... but..

In [82]: System.Nullable[System.DateTime]()
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-82-97bddf8dec27> in <module>()
----> 1 System.Nullable[System.DateTime]()

TypeError: no constructor matches given arguments

In any case that would give me an actual DateTime, not a Nullable<DateTime> with HasValue = false

If only you HasValue wasn't read only ;)

Anyway, now I understand what is going on I think this is enough of an edge case not to worry about - unless someone out there has a simple fix to pythondotnet to support it.

John