[Python.NET] PythonDotNet Digest, Vol 122, Issue 17

Tony Roberts tony at pyxll.com
Thu Jun 19 10:25:10 CEST 2014

Hi Becket,

you just need to uninstall/delete the pythonnet egg you have installed.
When it was installed as an egg it would have been added to your
easy-install.pth file in site-packages, and so that egg is being picked up
before the new version even though the new version is on the python path.
Deleting the old egg folder is the easier way to ensure it doesn't get
imported by mistake.

If you want to install your build into your virtualenv you can use the
'install' distutils command:

>> python setupwin.py install

Or you can build an egg using 'setupegg.py' and install it that way (which
is convenient as it installs it in its own sub-folder in site-packages so
is easier to completely uninstall later):

>> python setupegg.py bdist_egg
>> easy_install dist\pythonnet.<version info>.egg

The setup.py in the main repo is cleaner, and we will eventually get the
python3 changes merged into that :)

cheers,
Tony

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Beckett Simmons <beckettsimmons at hotmail.com