[Python.NET] pip install prerelease versions

Rudi Lutz rudilutz0 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:13:05 CET 2014

David Anthoff <anthoff at ...> writes:

> Are you trying to run 1) npython.exe or are you running 2) python.exe and
> then do import clr?
>
> The first option is broken right now
> (https://github.com/pythonnet/pythonnet/issues/26), the second option should
> work. If this is not related to npython.exe, can you please file an issue
> https://github.com/pythonnet/pythonnet/issues with precise error output and
> replication steps? Much appreciated!
>
> Best,
> David

Hi!
    I am running python.exe, and doing 'import cld'. Simply starting up Python and doing 'import
cld' is enough to trigger an ioException, as shown below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\rudil>python
Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win
32
>>> import clr

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembl
y 'Python.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5000fea6cba7
02dd' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition doe
s not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String cod
eBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntro
spection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String code
Base, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& s
tackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntros
pection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName as
semblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMar
k& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIn
trospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at clrModule.initclr()

Thank you very much for looking at this.

Regards,
             Rudi