[Python.NET] pythonnet 2.1.0.dev1 released

Tribble, Brett btribble at ea.com
Fri Jun 26 21:58:26 CEST 2015

Wow, awesome!

From: PythonDotNet [mailto:pythondotnet-bounces+btribble=ea.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Tony Roberts
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 7:39 AM
To: pythondotnet at python.org
Subject: [Python.NET] pythonnet 2.1.0.dev1 released

Hi,

I've merged the changes from the renshawbay/pythonnet fork into the develop branch in pythonnet/pythonnet and released it as 2.1.0.dev1.

Binary wheels for windows (2.6 to 3.4, x86 and x86_64) have been uploaded to PyPI, along with the source dist for Linux and Mac. You can install it with pip with the --pre argument:

> pip install --pre pythonnet

New features are:
 - Python 3 support
 - Managed types can be sub-classed in Python and have virtual methods overridden.
 - Uses dynamic objects for cleaner code when embedding Python
 - Better Linux support (work with or without --enable-shared configure option)

Now the Linux build works for Python built with and without the --enable-shared configure option, AFAIK, there's no need for the npython executable anymore so I've removed it. If it is still needed for some use case I've not considered please let me know and I will reinstate it.

cheers,
Tony