[Python.NET] Build guide for Python.NET using Mono on Linux?

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:50:39 CEST 2015

I'm very unfamiliar with Mono & C#. Is there a guide or instructions
anywhere for building using Mono on Linux?

I'm using Anaconda64 on Ubuntu with Mono 4.0.12

If I try to build the whole solution in Mono (same results with 2.0, master
& develop zips from Github) I get 2 errors:

Error CS1566: Error reading resource file
`/home/mj-ubuntu/Public/pythonnet-develop/src/console/$(PythonBuildDir)/Python.Runtime.dll'
(CS1566) (Console)

/home/mj-ubuntu/Public/pythonnet-develop/src/clrmodule/ClrModule.cs(6,6):
Error CS0246: The type or namespace name `RGiesecke' could not be found.
Are you missing an assembly reference? (CS0246) (clrmodule)

Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas?