[Python.NET] Debugging .NET assembly from Python 3

Pochon-Guérin Ludovic Ludovic.Pochon-Guerin at statkraft.com
Tue Jun 7 04:20:15 EDT 2016

Hi,

Using Visual Studio 2015, I have a Python project and a C# DLL project.
>From the Python code, I import and call functions from the C# class.
When running in Debug, I am able to stop at breakpoints in the Python code, but not in the C# code.
The debugger jumps over the calls as if no symbols were loaded.

I would like to know if it is possible to stop at breakpoints in the C# code and how to setup it in Visual Studio.

This feature works when using IronPython, but we want to use PythonDotNet from Miniconda3.

Thanks
Ludovic