[Python.NET] pyinstaller + pythonnet

Nikhil Garg nikhilgarg.gju at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 23:10:50 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I tried to build a very simple executable using pyinstaller, where my
script just imported clr module. I managed to build the executable but then
the executable doesnt run. I have posted the error below. I think the
executable is able to find the runtime dll but it is unable to run it.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or
assembl
y 'Python.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=5000fea6cba7
02dd' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest
definition doe
s not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName,
String cod
eBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint,
StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntro
spection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName as
semblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly,
StackCrawlMar
k& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIn
trospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at clrModule.initclr()

I would appreciate any help